Facts you might not know about us:
- The Choir provided "backing vocals" on Katherine Jenkins' Second Nature CD.
- The Orchestra was the training ground for Velvet Underground's John Cale, leading Welsh composer Karl Jenkins and Bond violinist, Eos Chater.
- Members of National Youth Brass Band of Wales were "player doubles" for actors Ewan McGregor and Tara Fitzgerald in the hit film Brassed Off.
- National Youth Dance Wales was launched in a garden - to be precise, the National Botanic Gardens of Wales, Carmarthen.
- Dr Who called upon former NYTW members during recent filming in Cardiff, including Eve Myles (Gwyneth in Episode 3 The Unquiet Dead) and Kate Borde (production team).
What is the largest venue we have ever played?
National Youth Choir of Wales and members of National Youth Orchestra of Wales performed on the iconic Royal Albert Hall stage at the BBC Proms.
What has been the least likely venue?
The canteen in the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth which became a backdrop for the National Youth Theatre of Wales's production of Faustus.
What is the smallest venue we have ever played?
St Anne's Church in Ynyshir, Rhondda, where National Youth Choir of Wales sang to the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, amongst others.
What strange demands have conductors and directors made on the production team?
- An airport baggage carousel made up part of the set for NYTW 2002 production of Woyzeck.
- Two dozen pairs of clogs were needed for the Orchestra's premiere of Karl Jenkins' Scenes From Wales.
- NYBBW needed a 14-foot high bass bell - complete with stepladder - for a concert at St David's Hall.
And who is our audience?
Audiences have ranged from 1.8 million (via the Choir's annual appearances on Radio 4's Morning Service) to under 100 for a special concert in Ynyshir with the Archbishop of Canterbury.
National Youth Arts Wales (NYAW) Tŷ NYAW is managed by WJEC and Tŷ Cerdd.
WJEC manages the Dance, Orchestra and Theatre programmes; Tŷ Cerdd manages
the Brass Band, Choirs, Jazz and Wind Orchestra.